cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link Utility with STLink/V3

hkwak.1
Associate II

I am trying to program write ST32L051 boards with stlink utility and stlink / v3 in auto mode, but the v3 probe does not recognize the board's SWD port. Of course, firmware updates and drivers are up to date.

Is it related to the firmware version of stlink/v3?

6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

It is probably related to the firmware running, or better sleeping in the L051. Did you try to connect under reset?

Drop the connection speed to a couple of MHz​. Not 24

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for the answer.

I did that but it doesn't work.

Thanks for the answer.

I did with 4MHz.

Perhaps you're going to need to focus on the connectivity, and if an ST-LINK/V2 or J-LINK behave similarly.

If NRST isn't connected it limits the ability to "connect under reset"

Check also that PA13/PA14 aren't reconfigured, or the core placed in a low power mode.

Try with BOOT0=HIGH to see if it is your code in FLASH giving you headaches.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for the answer.

I tried to keep on following. If I do st-link / v2 the automatic mode works fine. If I set it to st-link / v3, the first one is used and the second pin contact is not recognized, and the LED is green. Also, if I unplug and recombine the st-link / v3 USB cable, only the first one is recognized. The same is true if I try changing the f / w version to j2, j3, j4. Which part is relevant?