cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded STM32CubeMX from 5.4.0 to 5.5.0 and now it fails to generate the project.

Svenn Dahlstrom
Associate III

Upgraded STM32CubeMX from 5.4.0 to 5.5.0 and H7 firmware package to V1.6.0 and migrated.

When generating code it tells me the code is successfully generated but STM32CubeIDEproject generation have a problem.

Building the project fails:

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/git/ELS/sbc_bootloader/CM7/Src/sys.c', needed by 'Application/User/sys.o'. Stop.

The same thing happens if I start a new project.

I'm using the STM32H745ZITx.

STM32CubeIDEproject generation have a problem, what problem?

Please fix 🙂

0690X00000BvxCYQAZ.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

How did you​ get STM32CubeMX 5.5.0?. From complete fresh install or updating a 5.4.0 one ?.

If update could you have a try relying on your .ioc file AND complete 5.5.0 fresh install? ​

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Svenn Dahlstrom
Associate III

More info.

CubeMX is removing sys.c and sys.h files. Reverting them and I'm able to build the project. But not able to debug the project.

But I have a bad feeling about reverting to olde sys.c/h file. I'm guessing those files also have updates and that is why they are deleted but new files is not copied in.

Svenn Dahlstrom
Associate III

Debug is working, my mistake not setting up for debug correctly.

So it seems like the missing sys.c/h file is the only issue.

Please fix 🙂

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Any chance to share your .ioc file to get a try at ?

Code generation popup dialog you're getting sounds not so good ... some process is not able to end as expected most probably. May explain some issues then ...

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @Svenn Dahlstrom​ ,

Could you please share your ioc file and give more info about your machine and the java version ?

And it will be nice if you share your .log file.

Thanks,

Khouloud.

Here is my .IOC file.

My machine is a Windows 10 1909

java version "1.8.0_231"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_231-b11)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode)

Sorry, but I can't find any .log file in the project folder.

Or what file should I look for, and where?

​.log under C:\Users\<user name>\.stm32cubemx, and please share your ioc file (generated with 5.4.0 cubemx version)

The ioc file is from Tuesday last week and I think this is generated with cubemx 5.4.0.

And here the log file. Could not add more than one file at the time!