cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the LCD display on 32F469IDISCOVERY removable?

BSunw.1
Associate III

I would like to buy an evaluation board for the STM32F469 chipset but am trying to use it with a circular display. Can I easily remove the LCD screen it comes with and use my own or is there another eval board that you can buy without a screen attached? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

What's compelling about the F4 over other STM32 devices?

The F769I-DISCO is available with or without a screen. It has a socket for LCD or HDMI adapter. The L4Rx DISCO has the same socket and round screen. Adapters on Web for additional round screens. The L4Rx​ EVAL comes with two screens, one rectangular like the F469I's and a round one.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
BSunw.1
Associate III

I am working on a digital motorcycle speedometer project and am wanting to drive a 800X800 round display. Most of the displays I have found use the MIPI DSI interface. I was leaning toward the F4 because it seemed like the F7 was more powerful than I would need and I am not sure if the L4R would have a fast enough MIPI (500 Mbits/s)? I guess they are all pretty close in price so it wouldn't matter too much on which one I chose.

Depends some of the L4+ have enough memory to hold the frame buffer, certainly for the screen ST uses, so the bandwidth available is quite high compared to the externally bussed memory.

As I recall the L4+ has a method of managing the frame buffer so that non-visible sections of the round screen don't consume memory.

500 Mbps is only 62.5 MBps, which is like 15.625 MHz on a 32-bit wide memory.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
BSunw.1
Associate III

Really appreciate the replies! I don't know if the L4+ chips (or any of them for that matter) will have enough memory to hold a frame buffer. I could be totally off but I was using the equation 800 X 800 X 2 = 1.28 Mbytes to calculate the size of the frame buffer? If I have to use external memory to double buffer the frames, what clock frequency do you think I would need the core to be?