cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build Zigbee-examples in STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.4.0

CEngs.1
Associate II

I have two Nucleo packs for the STM32WB55 and the firmware kit STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.4.0.

Using STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.2.0

And I would like to build the projects

P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\Zigbee\Zigbee_OnOff_Client_Router

P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\Zigbee\Zigbee_OnOff_Server_Coord

But I just can't understand how they are supposed to be imported into STM32CubeIDE and compiled successfully.

Other projects such as

P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE\BLE_p2pServer

feel more "complete". Those I can import and build successfully.

Could you please describe how to build the zigbee projects?

4 REPLIES 4
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Only EWARM project available for such x2 examples. Maybe some STM32CubeIDE one within next FW pack update but in meantime no obvious way starting from EWARM material to get some STM32CubeIDE one relying on some automation.

I may only advice to create some "blank" STM32CubeIDE project. Then to import by ourself file by file sources delivered as part of such example. Not a big deal but import and setup relying on your own expertise here ...

CEngs.1
Associate II

@Cartu38 OpenDev​ Many thanks for taking your time to answer!

That was unfortunate. Intention of the examples are great and I think many with me hope to use them to quickly start developing. But I lack EWARM so I will attempt to importing into a basic STM32CubeIDE-project. This has already proved quite a challenge to me.

Could you, or someone, give me some hints on how you would approach this?

I must admit it seems quite overwhelming right now, as I can't see a good method.

I've generated with STM32CubeIDE (integrated CubeMX) a basic project with just RTC and GPIO for LEDs. Made all Nucle-LEDs blink just to know it is running. Then time to start lifting over all that the Zigbee-example needs.

Challenges are e.g. linkerscript (ish? .icf in exampleproject) specifies RAM1/RAM2 memory areas but seems very different from Cube-style linkerscript. And I guess I will have many conflicts between my basic Cube-project and all files that are drawn in with the example files.

From the EWARM project file there are many included resources that refer to root of firmware package.

<option>
                    <name>CCIncludePath2</name>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../Core/Inc</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../STM32_WPAN/App</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Drivers/STM32WBxx_HAL_Driver/Inc</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Drivers/STM32WBxx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/app</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/tl</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/shci</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/utilities</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32WBxx/Include</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/zigbee/core/Inc</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/zigbee/stack</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/zigbee/stack/include</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/zigbee/stack/include/mac</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/zigbee/stack/include/M4</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Utilities/sequencer</state>
                    <state>$PROJ_DIR$/../../../../../../Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm</state>
                </option>

XThon.1
Associate

@CEngs.1​  Have you solved your problem?

I would also like to test the Nucleo modules in Zigbee and I am facing the same problems as you.

CEngs.1
Associate II

@XThon.1​ No unfortunately not.

I'm currently working on a competitors board that supplied working examples for both Zigbee and sub-Ghz. But that was unfortunate as I like working with STM32. Zigbee didn't seem like focus of ST.