cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen on stm32f429i-disc1display

DLips.1
Associate II

Hi all,

I am trying to configure my stm32f429i-disc1 with the lates CubeMX 5.5 and TouchGfx 4.13. I have followed the instructions from here: https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010921760-TouchGFX-HAL-Development, but my display is still all white (there should be red background with simple 'hello world' string on it).

The project compiles and there is also 1s_cnt which increments properly. I've tried to debug the project and noticed that program enters inside functions:

• void StartScreenPresenter::activate()
  • void StartScreenView::setupScreen()

on startup but only once.

Both the board and the cable are ok, because I can flash MCU with other project and then screen works fine.

Have you got any ideas what I am doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cody
Associate II

If anyone is still having troubles with the display on the STM32F429 Discovery I have a working CubeIDE project. It is messy because I only intended to use it just for testing and I only configured the hardware that was need to get the display working. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Can you try breaking inside the LTDC interrupt handler in TouchGFX Generated HAL? This is what drives TouchGFX forward. It must be called around every VSYNC event,

/Martin

having same issue (on stm32f746g, and display stay blach tho), i tryed with that interrupt, but is never called...

DLips.1
Associate II

@Martin KJELDSEN​  I can brake inside:

• void HAL_LTDC_IRQHandler(LTDC_HandleTypeDef *hltdc) and then:
  • void HAL_LTDC_LineEventCallback(LTDC_HandleTypeDef *hltdc)

After that state is HAL_LTDC_STATE_READY but the error code is HAL_LTDC_ERROR_TE. This error is set only once at the very beginning.

@Zui​ Have you enabled LTDC global interrupt in CubeMX?

i have LTDC global interrupt enabled and LTDC global error interrupt NOT enabled

Do you have code generation enabled ("Call HAL methods")? For LTDC Global interrupt (also in nvic)

If you don't, the LTDC global interrupt handler will just be empty.

JMill
Associate II

I'm having the same problem; blank screen using CubeIDE 1.2.1, TouchGFX 4.13.0

• LTDC global interrupt is enabled.
  • void HAL_LTDC_IRQHandler(LTDC_HandleTypeDef *hltdc) is called periodically which also calls
  • void HAL_LTDC_LineEventCallback(LTDC_HandleTypeDef *hltdc)

When I use TouchGFX generator as a standalone, I'm able to sucessfully create, load and execute an application. But this does not allow for debugging. I'm trying to expliot the fact that there is something running and trying the figure out whats different. Any help on this matter would be appreciated

JMill
Associate II

In CubeMX 5.4 Graphics->PlatformSetting, there was a way to connect up, CSX, WRX, RDX and the SPI signals. There is no such mechanism in CubeMX 5.5. And there seems to be no hooks to easily add the code. Is there a driver missing ???

Cody
Associate II

I'm having the same problem.