cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. Can't find: - STM32 Standard Peripheral Libraries, for STM32H7, could You help me with this?

RIvan.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ST hasn't supported SPL in several years, no official SPL exists for the H7

They have a LL (Low Level) library, and others DIY subsets to suit their own needs.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ST hasn't supported SPL in several years, no official SPL exists for the H7

They have a LL (Low Level) library, and others DIY subsets to suit their own needs.

RIvan.1
Associate II

Thank you for the information. I can't find the LL libraries, could you give a link to these libraries?

CubeH7, unpack the archive, should be libraries and examples using LL

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubeh7.html

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.5.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H743ZI\Examples_LL\DAC\DAC_GenerateWaveform_TriggerHW

RIvan.1
Associate II

I have a stm32cube MCU Package for STM32H7 series1.6.0 connected, but CubeMX is Advanced Settings, I can't switch GPIO, RCC, Cortex_M7... from the HAL library to the LL library.

CubeMX doesn't support SPL either, I'm not using it. The CubeH7 trees have examples and templates, should be able to DIY from your tool-chain of choice.

GIkar
Associate III

In CubeMX is the HAL standart for LL you have to change what you want code in LL in the Project settings.

fbar
Senior

I asked the same a long time ago: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BMGMiDSQX/very-incomplete-support-for-stm32h743-ll-libraries-in-stm32cubeide

It looks like ST enabled LL code generation as promised in the 1.60 version of the H7 firmware. After enabling the peripherals you need, in Project Manager / Advanced Settings, you can choose HAL or LL code generation for each peripheral (minus peripherals like USB where due to how complex the code is, only HAL code generation is supported). Simply click on where it says HAL and you will see a drop down with either HAL or LL I tried GPIO, RCC, Cortex_M7, ADC, UART, I2C and SPI, and all are available either as LL or HAL