cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting zero acceleration values from LSM6DS3 Eval Board (STEVAL-MKI160V1) ?

AK A.1
Associate II

I am using LSM6DS3 Evaluation Board to get the acceleration and angular velocity data through I2C. I have powered up both Accel and Gyro by writing to the respective control registers and disabled the FIFO. But, when I read the data from Data Out registers (0x28 - 0x2D) of Accelerometer, I am getting zeros along all the 3 axes in all the orientations.

Any ideas on what might be wrong ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Eleon,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I was setting HP_SLOPE_XL_EN bit in CTRL8_XL register which was enabling the High Pass Filter. This was filtering out the DC Acceleration values. So, I was getting zero Acceleration values. The problem is resolved now.

Akshay

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @AK A.1​ , do you get zeros also along gyroscope axis (data registers 0x22 - 0x27)? If only the acceleration data are wrong, please check if you well configured the LSM6DS3 device at the beginning of your code, as shown in the AN4650 p 36:

Write CTRL9_XL = 38h // Acc X, Y, Z axes enabled
Write CTRL1_XL = 60h // Acc = 416Hz (High-Performance mode)
Write CTRL10_C = 38h // Gyro X, Y, Z axes enabled
Write CTRL2_G = 60h // Gyro = 416Hz (High-Performance mode)

Regards

Hi Eleon,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I was setting HP_SLOPE_XL_EN bit in CTRL8_XL register which was enabling the High Pass Filter. This was filtering out the DC Acceleration values. So, I was getting zero Acceleration values. The problem is resolved now.

Akshay

DDale.1
Associate II

Hi,

About AIS2120SX chip, can you tell me how to initialize it?

That is, the acceleration from being charged up to being able to read the X and Y axes.

What is the entire SPI operation?

It's very difficult to use this chip.

I tried to initialize the chip, but failed.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hi @DDale.1​ , I first would suggest you to read carefully the datasheet,

Then you may be right the chip is not as plug-and-play as almost every other ST sensor, since it is SPI over 32 bit and with polynomial CRC to check the data consistency. I may share you the screen of a labview code for the initialization of a similar chip.

0693W000002lCHfQAM.png

0693W000002lCI9QAM.png

Regards