cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quad SPI memory replacement on STM32F746G-DISCO

SProg
Associate III

Hello,

We design a new custom PCB based on STM32F746G-DISCO board to support TouchGFX functionalities.

Since the N25Q128A13EF840E Flash memory is obsolete, we are thinking about MT25QL128ABA1EW9-0SIT (same package - same pinout).

The problem is that MT25QL128ABA1EW9-0SIT is not supported on External Loader section of ST-Link Utility.

Is there any way to import this new memory on ST-Link?

4 REPLIES 4

If the command support is sufficiently different you'd need to rebuild the external loader to accommodate the new part.

Is the new part failing during erase or write using the existing loader?​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SProg
Associate III

Board is still on hardware design stage.

I just can not find the  MT25QL128 on the ST Link, that's why i am asking

It will likely work with the MT25Q(L)128 loader, seem to think there was perhaps one command having some overlap. If not the code would need a little rework.

My test fixturing uses the the 300mil SOP2-16 (SOIC16 Wide) packages

Pretty sure I have working cod for the RW207 part, or ST uses it on one or another board.

https://www.micron.com/products/nor-flash/serial-nor-flash/part-catalog/mt25ql128aba8esf-0sit

If designing a board I would suggest using the 300mil SOP2-16 form factor as it provides for a very wide selection of parts, across manufacturers using a consistent land pattern, the 8-pin SOIC/DFN packages are rather inconsistent.

The external loaders are a custom built, they address specific part, and board pin assignment issues

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..