cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFFICIAL RELEASE: X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX v4.13.0

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Goodmorning everyone!

With the release of CubeMX 5.5.0 we've removed TouchGFX from the Middleware section of CubeMX and are now offering TouchGFX configuration through an X-CUBE.

The X-CUBE pack contains the following:

1. TouchGFX Designer .msi, as per usual
  2. TouchGFX Generator - A tool through "additional software" for creating your TouchGFX HAL based on CubeMX settings.

CubeMX is a tool for configuring your MCU.

CubeMX is not a tool for completely configuring peripherals like touch controllers and external memories.

TouchGFX Generator (new since 4,13) is a CubeMX extension that can generate all or parts of your TouchGFX HAL Layer based partially on settings taken from your MCU configuration in CubeMX.

TouchGFX Generator (new since 4,13) is not a tool that provides complete configurations for touch controllers, external memories, etc. It only generates the TouchGFX HAL - Rendering strategies, acceleration strategies, etc.

TouchGFX Designer is a tool that can supply you with application templates for existing stm32 display kits. We are working on getting all of them updated to use the new Generator.

Please read the following guides for instructions on how to install the new TouchGFX X-CUBE and how to use the TouchGFX Generator to develop your TouchGFX HAL:

From now on it is the X-CUBE that receives a version bump, bumping the version of both tools contained within.

A few application templates already support the new TouchGFX Generator (and thus CubeMX 5.5.0), with lots more to come. One of our main priorities is to get the rest of the application templates ported to use the TouchGFX Generator,

• STM32H7BI-DK v.3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32F746-DISCO v.3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32F769I-DISCO v.3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32H750B-DK v3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32F750-DK v3.0.0 (in progress)
  • STM32L4R9-DISCO v3.0.0 (in progress)
  • STM32L4P5-DISCO v3.0.0 (in progress)
  • STM32H743-EVAL v3.0.0 (In progress)

Generally, any application template that supports the Generator/CubeMX 5.5.0 will be major version 3.

0690X00000BviXRQAZ.png 

0690X00000BviXWQAZ.png

Let me know here if you have any questions or face any issues! We're eager to see how this works for everyone.

Now that we are officially live with X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX we'll continue working on improving documentation, offering support and updating the current application templates you can find through the designer.

Aside from that i'll do my best to catch up on this community, something i've had to neglect a bit because of the new Generator.

Best regards,

TouchGFX Generator Team

162 REPLIES 162
egoltzman
Senior

Good news for the new year! Great!

One question for a start:

In the "TouchGFX HAL Development" page it says:

"After installing TouchGFX Generator through CubeMX or manually (See "installing TouchGFX"), users can now enable the TouchGFX Generator for almost any MCU in CubeMX. TouchGFX Generator is activated through "Additional Software""

Where is this "Additional Software" option in CubeMX?

Thanks,

Eyal

Hi @egoltzman​,

The "Additional Software" option is located at the top of CubeMX

0690X00000BviRdQAJ.png

Best Regards

Anders

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Eyal,

That's the most asked question so far, so we'll go ahead and update the live documentation to explicitly mark where "Additional Software" is actually located.

/Martin

egoltzman
Senior

Thanks for the quick response!

egoltzman
Senior

After following the list of actions I generated a project for STM32CubeIDE (attached) but was not able to get a project that can be loaded to the CubeIDE.

I guess this is an issue related to the CubeIDE\CubeMX group, is it?

Any pointer? Idea how can I solve this?

Thanks,

Eyal

You don't seem to have generated a STM32CubeIDE project (it's not present any way).

Please try selecting "Advanced structure" and do not "Generate under root" when generating your project in the "Project Manager" tab.

Ensure you have 64-bit version of Java installed, or you won't be able to generate CubeIDE projects either. I know this is something CubeMX team is looking into.

/Martin

egoltzman
Senior

I have both of those requirements but still no project.

See attached.

And this:

C:\Users\egolt>java -version

java version "1.8.0_231"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_231-b11)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode)

How can I communicate this to the CubeIDE\MX group?

Thanks

Try selecting the Advanced application structure in a new project and try again.

Also, do you get any warnings when you start CubeMX that some features aren't available? If you have multiple versions of Java installed it may be using a wrong one.

/Martin