cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DH consuming too much current

ameeruak
Associate II

Any ideas why LIS3DH is not consuming current as per data sheet which is 6uA whereas I am getting about 200uA.

I have kept CTRL_REG0 at default.

Would could be the problem?

6 REPLIES 6
Ozone
Lead

Are you sure you meet the conditions mentioned in the datasheet, like supply voltage and temperature ?

What about the I2C pull-up resistors, and the interrupt outputs ?

ameeruak
Associate II

Yes I believe I have followed all of them.

There was a post related to this issue but that did not solve my problem:

https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=107822

I have seen other posts as well related to it but have not found a solution yet.

ameeruak
Associate II

Btw I do have 2 interrupts enabled in the accelerometer, Double Tap and Threshold, could that be the reason? It should not be but its not mentioned in the datasheet either.

I'm not a hardware guy, actually.

I've seen the other (older) thead, however the schematics there looks messed up.

Are you sure you are measuring the current through the sensor alone, excluding power supply and bus logic ?

Are you sure your ampere meter is appropriate for such low currents ?

AFAIK, the LIS3 sensor has no permanent storage, and goes into standby after a power cycle. Interrupt functionality is supposedly not enabled at that time.

Not sure about the INT pins and the external circuitry, which might draw some current in this state.

ameeruak
Associate II

I am measuring using a uCurrent Gold module via an oscilloscope so I believe I am getting pretty accurate base currents.

There is a current that increases whenever there is an interrupt but thats ok since its in pull down mode.

I am measuring using a uCurrent Gold module via an oscilloscope so I believe I am getting pretty accurate base currents.

There is a current that increases whenever there is an interrupt but thats ok since its in pull down mode.