cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I met communication problem when testing ST7540 Power Line Communication Transceiver with its evaluation board STEVAL-IHP005V1.

WChen.1
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
WChen.1
Associate II

The detailed issue is described below:

The 2 evaluation boards connected to 2 different COM ports. Their Group ID and Address were configured with software "Remote Console for GP PLM module - Rel.5.5.exe" and they were all set to RUN mode. In the Service Tab of software "Remote Console for GP PLM module - Rel.5.5.exe", I tried to Ping from one board to the other. There was no acknowledgement and it was always timeout.

The FSK signal can be detected on the wire pair connecting the "L" and "N" terminals between the 2 boards, but there was no digital signal can be detected on RXD pin of ST7540 IC on the board who receives the signal, which means that ST7540 IC didn't converted the received FSK signal to digital signal. It seems that TXD works but RXD doesn't work. I don't know why.

ST7540 is for data communication through AC Power line. I didn't use the real power wires as the communication media, just used one of the twisted pair of Ethernet CAT5 cable as the physical transmission/Receiving media.

Two documents related to the ST7540 evaluation board are attached for your reference.

Thanks for your help!

WChen.1
Associate II

Datasheet

I have same kind setup and no communication succeed between modules, how was this solved?

TToiv.1
Associate

I got my kits to communicate by adding 12V -> 3V3 regulator to kits. Now both operating voltages rise simultaneously which is critical on these demo boards. With separate power supplies rise time difference gets modem non working state.