cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received an STM32H747I-EVAL. Is there a "Quick Start Guide" or such.

PAngl.14
Associate II

Also when I try to generate code, I get the error below. I won't have ethernet connectivity for two days.

Is there a way around the error using the st link usb port?

4 REPLIES 4
PAngl.14
Associate II

​The message says "The Firmware Package (STM32Cube FW_H7 V1.5.0 ... is not available in your STMCubeMX Repository....."

There is a manual for the board, and a selection of examples in the current CubeH7 download (.ZIP file). This can also be installed into current versions of CubeMX via "Install from Local" https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubeh7.html

The boards are really aimed at getting hardware on the desk of developers while their own boards are being designed/finalized. I think there is a general expectation that you have embedded programming and tool chain experience, and can read a schematic. If the hw/sw responsibility is split over multiple engineers, or a team, perhaps work with them.

You could perhaps look at YouTube for videos about the EVAL, DISCO or NUCLEO boards, not sure how much coverage the H747I will have.

Other than that perhaps talk to your local ST sales office and support engineers. They might be able to provide some more hands-on training.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
PAngl.14
Associate II

​I have used other eval boards from ST.

They usually had a bare minimum of documentation (card board insert in the plastic package) that detailed which GPIO each user LED was connected to.

I figured that out by looking at the schematic.

Likewise, I have never worked at a place that took two days for an additional network connection.

Hence the question about downloading the missing files via the usb connection.

PAngl.14
Associate II

​And thanks for the link.