cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use TouchGFX 4.13 addon with CubeMX5.5.0?

LSant.1
Associate II

Hi,

i just installed cubemx 5.5.0 to check if touchgfx handling is now better. to my surprise with the new version their is no touchgfx / graphics option to select. Then i found out, that under Help -> Manage embedded software packages i can install the TouchGFX Designer 4.13.0

My problem now: how can i use this software package with cubemx. I did not yet found anything in the new cubemx version to configure graphik libraries.

(i want to use a stm32f429 disco board with touchscreen)

would be great if anyone can help me.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The X-Cube-TouchGFX is treated as an "Additional Software" Component by CubeMX and therefore needs to be "Added" to the project before it is usable.

This is done by click on the "Additional Software" button (See image below)

0690X00000BviRdQAJ.png

In the Additional Software Components selection window, browse to STMicroelectronics.X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX and under Application select TouchGFX Generator.

0690X00000BviRiQAJ.png

Now you should have an "Additional Software" tab in the Categories section of CubeMX.

Best Regards

Anders

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LSant.1
Associate II

Update:

I received an email with the content from the following page --> https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011039799-Installing-TouchGFX

Maybe my question was incomprehensible, but my problem is not to install the package. Installing worked very well.

I want to use the package out of cubemx. Where can i configure touchgfx in cubemx?

What i want is to Create a custom TouchGFX HAL through CubeMX. in CubeMX Version 5.4.0 i had Graphics section under Pinout and Configuration A->Z Tab where it was possible to setup the display data and select touchgfx graphic librarie out of cubmx.

Maybe now anyone can please help me.

Thanks and regards.

Hi,

The X-Cube-TouchGFX is treated as an "Additional Software" Component by CubeMX and therefore needs to be "Added" to the project before it is usable.

This is done by click on the "Additional Software" button (See image below)

0690X00000BviRdQAJ.png

In the Additional Software Components selection window, browse to STMicroelectronics.X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX and under Application select TouchGFX Generator.

0690X00000BviRiQAJ.png

Now you should have an "Additional Software" tab in the Categories section of CubeMX.

Best Regards

Anders

A bit more on how to use the TouchGFX Generator, please read the following article:

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010921760-TouchGFX-HAL-Development

LSant.1
Associate II

@Anders Nedergaard PETERSEN​ thanks for the quick response and the informations

I will go through the instructions