cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX, stm32f469-disc, adc values to lcd

HHarj.1
Senior

I have a have project where I need to run a test sequence to some analog circuit and then do some measurements and display those results on the LCD. I'm using stm32f469 discovery board, CubeMX 5.4.0 and touchGFX 4.12.3. The measurement works fine, I can get the ADC results stored in an array, but I don't know how do I display them on the screen. I have already watched every single video about the subject I could find on Youtube and followed those but I can't get it working. I have spent now too much time on this and I'm about to give up and use just 2-row LCD...unless someone could give me a proper example of how to do this. Has anyone managed using stm32f469 board? I'm willing to switch to some other board if that would solve the problem. I would be grateful if someone could help me to do this.

-HH

24 REPLIES 24
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Did you check out the sticky https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AU4zodSQB/interfacing-with-hardware-in-touchgfx-applications ? 🙂

It addresses exactly what you're aslking.

/Martin

HHarj.1
Senior

Well..yes I do have watched the videos several times etc. I know this must probably seem trivial to you and I apologize for my noobness as I still can't get this working. Like I said I can make the measurements and get the results. Also, I can make a very nice GUI with TouchGFX, but integrating these two is a major p.i.t.a. I made another test GUI with 1 screen and a textArea with wildcard value. I can run it in the target (stm32f469-disc) with no problems. When I generate the same GUI through CubeIDE (or CubeMx..same thing) it compiles, but the screen is blank. I checked and compared the BoardConfiguration.cpp files. They are very much different. Cubemx version is missing a ton and has 135 lines of code versus TouchGFX version which has 576 lines. Why? Now if I could get the correct settings for my board I might actually be able to start testing.

HHarj.1
Senior

Downloaded the new versions of CubeIDE, CubeMx, and TouchGFX. Didn't solve anything. One might assume that selecting a board from supported boards with default settings would provide the correct initial settings for the LCD display, but no. I am repeating myself, but does anyone know the correct display settings for stm32f469 disco board? 0690X00000BvlNZQAZ.jpg

It has never been the intention of CubeMX to configure anything related to BSP (LCD gpios, qspi memory mapped mode, sdram timings, etc).

Why don't you try using the application templates from TouchGFX Designer? They're good to go with everything set up.

We're working on upgrading all Application templates to version 3.0 which will support CubeMX 5.5 and TouchGFX Generator. It's a pretty big task, but we're working on it. So far there's F746G-DISCO and H7B3I-DK.

If you don't need to reconfigure anything related to hardware you can just use the ATs from the designer, even the F469 (which isn't upgraded to 3.0/CubeMX 5.5.0 yet)

/Martin

Did you read the documentation i linked to in the sticky of this forum? It explains these scenarios

HHarj.1
Senior

It would be awesome if the development board default settings would work with TouchGFX without too much effort (for us users :-p). Application templates seem to work, but what if I have to mess with ADCs, DACs and couple GPIOs? Is there a detour I can use to make them work with the application template?

Yeah, I read those..guess rinse and repeat...

This is what Application Templates are for through the Designer. They've set up everything. And they'll have ioc files so that you can mess with ADC, GPIO etc. Some already do and we're working on getting all of them up to speed with the new X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX / CubeMX 5.5

/MArtin

HHarj.1
Senior

I'm so confused now. When I create a GUI with TouchGFX I can't find any *.ioc file. Where that should be?

As i stated previosuly, not all application templates have the .ioc file yet - This is what we're working on; Upgrading all templates to use the Generator (CubeMX 5.5.0). Which template are you using? 🙂