cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems while using CustomKeyboard widget combined with Mirror widget

bnowicki
Associate

Hello,

I'm designing an application using the newest version of TouchGFX. I've flipped my display on the PCB by 180 degrees (my mistake), but since my application has no advanced graphics I decided to use Mirror widget. It works like a charm, everything is smooth, I have changed my touch coordinates to fit mirrored display and all seems great. The main problem comes when I want to use CustomKeyboard widget. When I use it with non-flipped display (without Mirror widget) and normal touch coordinates, everything is ok - each tap is registered and I can see letters on the screen. When I flip both display and coordinates, weird things happen. Keyboard registers only one from few taps, some keys are even unable to register (no touch effect). When I flip coordinates back to normal, but leave screen flipped, again, everything works perfect. To clear my problem a little bit, some numbers:

Let's say I am trying to tap letter "Y" which has active area (center point) at (130, 50). With normal display, when I tap on "Y" my touch controller registers tap on (130, 50). After flipping both screen and coordinates, when I tap on "Y" my touch controller also registers tap on (130, 50), but keyPressed function doesn't get fired each time. When I leave screen flipped but go back to normal coordinates and I tap somewhere around opposite to (130, 50), which is (130, 430) in my case - again, keyPressed fires everytime.

Do you know guys what's going on?

Greetings,

Bart

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @bnowicki​,

I'll have to give this some thought. I can't immediately tell what's going on. Re: The missing touches, can you verify in your concrete view (by overriding handleClickEvent() - And forwarding the touch to the keyboard) if you're really receiving touches, but for some reason they're being ignored by the keyboard in this mirror mode.

Note that we made the Mirror widget as a last resort for people who cannot flip their displays physically or programatically (can usually be done in configuration - That's why we haven't done a software solution for anything but 90.)

/Martin

bnowicki
Associate

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

thanks for the valuable input, of course I know that the Mirror widget was written as a last resort and I am grateful for that without any claims.

I've overriden handleClickEvent() function in my view, but for now no interaction can be triggered. Debugger stops in the function, so I can clearly see, that tap is recognized. Can you tell me what do I need to write inside this function to get all of my interactions back to the original state?

Bart