cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H750 Rev V program error Keil ARMCC (Rev Y works)

flyer31
Senior

Hi, I have about half year experience now with STM32H750 hardware, and all working very nice now. Up to now I always had used Revsion Y chips.

Now on the last order we got Revision V chips (LQFP100 housing, chip marking line 1: "STM32H750", line 2: "VBT6 V", line 3: "VB454 VQ", line 4: "PHL 7B 944"). ... with this chip I cannot connect any more with Keil ArmCC (I must admit older 32bit Version of Keil ARMCC V5...).

ST-Link with the new Rev V works ok: After connect it shows "Device: STM32H7xx, Device ID: 0x450, Revision ID: Rev Y, Flash size 2MBytes".

(2MBytes is wrong, it really should say here 128kB).

If I connect the new "Rev V" STM32H750 device, then for Revision ID, ST-LINK gives the message "Unknown" (it should say "Rev V" here I assume).

I tried already ST-Link Firmware update, this seems to work nicely (I use some older "STM32F401 Discovery board" for ST-LINK Hardware connection.

Can somebody give me a hint how to update ST-LINK such, that "Rev V" will show correctly after connect? (I hope that then also Keil will connect correctly).

In ST-LINK with Rev Y Connect and "Program&Verify" works nicely, just "Erase chip" does NOT work (-> Error "Error occurred during flash mass erase).

I assume that this might be due to wrong "Flash size" info of 2Mbytes in ST-LINK.

PS: Possibly Rev V really somehow needs some different programming algorithm compared to Rev Y?

When I start debugger in Keil ARMCC with my standard setting "Erase sectors + Program + Verify", then Erasing + Programming first seems to work "as normal", but there appear "Verify errors" for the ranges 0x80000040...0x8000007F, and 0x800000A0...0x800000DF, and so on. In these ranges Keil gives the message, that Chip shows "ff", so it did NOT program. If I open STLINK and connect, I really see the same in the memory image of STLINK: On this start range of the program, there should come the interrupt table I think. 8-16 of such 32-bit Adress values seem to be programmed correctly, and then the next 8-16 adress values are still at 0xFFFFFFFF ... so NOT programmed at all... .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
flyer31
Senior

... I just used a Win64 PC of a colleague with an updated Keil ARMCC device pack, and specifying STM32H750 chip and Flash programming algorithm "STM32H750xx" now all working nicely in Keil.

After I copied this new device pack to my "good old" WinXP 32bit system, fortunately now I also can select this STM32H750 chip here on my WinXP PC, and also the "STM32H750xx" programming algorithm here on my WinXP 32bit ... and all working nicely... .

... so I am happy...

2 strange things persist in ST-LINK after connecting (as well on my WinXP 32bit PC, as on the Win7 64bit PC of my colleague):

• the Revision ID of the Chip is shown "Unknown" for Rev V (for Rev Y it is shown correctly "Rev Y").
  • The Flash size for both revisions is shown "2 MBytes" (although STM32H750 of course has only 128kB)
  • The command "Target" - "Chip erase" does not work (maybe this is linked somehow to the wrong Flash size info.

.. but these are only "cosmetic pecularities" for me ... just info ... I am happy for now ... .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Most current firmware (V2J35M25) for ST-LINK is in the standalone tools. https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link007.html

Don't pick a version, leave "prior version" unpopulated.

MDK 5.29 is available for download, I think that provides a slightly different ST-LINK interface/DLL as it provides for sharing , presumably to support multicore.

Try the 2MB different banking options, they change how the flash lines are managed either consecutive or interleaved. The error is indicative of picking the wrong choice, pick the *alternate* one in the algorithm list

I only have the old Y step H750, these had 1MB usable (128KB spec'd)

I do have, and have used, V step H7 parts with Keil

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
flyer31
Senior

... I just used a Win64 PC of a colleague with an updated Keil ARMCC device pack, and specifying STM32H750 chip and Flash programming algorithm "STM32H750xx" now all working nicely in Keil.

After I copied this new device pack to my "good old" WinXP 32bit system, fortunately now I also can select this STM32H750 chip here on my WinXP PC, and also the "STM32H750xx" programming algorithm here on my WinXP 32bit ... and all working nicely... .

... so I am happy...

2 strange things persist in ST-LINK after connecting (as well on my WinXP 32bit PC, as on the Win7 64bit PC of my colleague):

• the Revision ID of the Chip is shown "Unknown" for Rev V (for Rev Y it is shown correctly "Rev Y").
  • The Flash size for both revisions is shown "2 MBytes" (although STM32H750 of course has only 128kB)
  • The command "Target" - "Chip erase" does not work (maybe this is linked somehow to the wrong Flash size info.

.. but these are only "cosmetic pecularities" for me ... just info ... I am happy for now ... .