cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE ST-Link debugger does not enumerate (COM LED on STM32H743 Nucleo board is unlit or extremely dim). Brand new board still running the demo program with the blinky LEDs. STSW-link009 driver is installed. What else am I missing?

JWern.1
Associate

I had to replace this exact board already because the overcurrent LED came on and bricked my device the first time... now this new board will not enumerate as a device on any of my computers. I haven't had the opportunity to flash any code yet. The demo program is running fine though, but the COM light will not turn on (both red and green are very very dim). Does it sound like there is a problem with the ST-link portion of the board? I can't think of anything else to do on the software side of things... it should just enumerate as a COM port and allow the IDE to debug with default SWD settings like the other board. When I try to debug it says there is a DLL error, and the device failed to enumerate. When I go to "update ST-link" there is no device listed - refresh doesn't work. I also tried to use the standalone ST programmer utility, but it also fails to detect any device.

If anyone from ST can help... would be really appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Different USB cable. A charging cable would power, but not connect/download.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..