cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bldc sinusoidal control

Bud
Associate III

Hi friends,

I think my question will repetitive for you guys (in stm-forum) . Actually sorry for that. I have driven a bldc motor with square wave commutation. Which is basically a simple and easy technique. And i have controlled the bldc motor (in square wave commutation) using stm32f103MCU. which was working fine. But i need to improve the efficiency of the controller and the motor too. So i first want to learn more and work more in sinusoidal technique, before going for FOC.

Basically trapezoidal control is simple to design and develop by viewing some technical documentations. But sinusoidal controlling method is not as easy as i thought of just go throwing some technical documents.

My question is...

• Can anyone help me to understand, to get a clear knowledge able it.
  • Say for example,

In trapezoidal control, by hall sensor position we can drive the motor winding by using commutation sequence. Micro controller has to send just a six signal (3 or 6 pwm) to six switches in inverter. In sinusoidal method, there are infinite or more commutation for one electric cycle. But in trapezoidal method , there are only 6 commutation in one electric cycle.

• How to control the six switches of the inverter using spwm or sinusoidal. Give a clear idea guys.
  • Or is there is any firmware or software library is available for sinusoidal method.For stm32 MCUs.
1 REPLY 1
Bud
Associate III

Guys i just ask a kind of help about sinusoidal control topology. At Least say YES or NO, so that i can go different solution.