cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the recommended way to connect STM32MP1 to a FPGA?

arck
Associate II

We are looking for random access from the linux side as well as DMA capabilities as future add-on.

3 REPLIES 3

Would kind of limit you to the external memory interface.

Alternatives, with lower pin counts, but high protocol implementation, would perhaps be QSPI or SDMMC/eMMC

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
PatrickF
ST Employee

I confirm, FMC could be used, although not yet supported in your SW deliveries (only SLC NAND-Flash is supported currently on FMC).

Meanwhile, you could probably patch the SW to enable FMC in async or sync PSRAM 8 or 16 bits in memory mapped mode (with no concurrent support of NAND on FMC).

In future of OpenSTLinux (let's say in second half of this year), we plan to have full support of NAND-Flash concurrently with FPGA/ASIC on FMC.

For DMA, I assume you ask for external DMA request. I'm not sure the MDMA could support that.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
arck
Associate II

Thanks, We would be absolutely interested in having a way to connect a FPGA via FMC f.e. like "PSRAM/SRAM/FRAM, non-multiplexed I/Os".

Is there an official schedule to have this implemented in the srm32_fmc2 driver which we can rely on?