cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To program/debug B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery kit using external ST-LINK/V2 programmer/debugger

NLoud.1
Associate

External ST-LINK/V2 programmer/debugger with B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery kit

Hi,

I have bought:

1)a B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery kit (with on-board ST-LINK/V2-1 programmer/debugger)

2)a separate ST-LINK/V2 programmer/debugger.

I have downloaded and installed on my PC (windows XP) the following tools:

1) STSW-LINK009 (ST-LINK/V2 USB driver)

2) STSW-LINK004 (STM32 ST-LINK utility)

However, when I try to connect the target by using the separate ST-LINK/V2 programmer/debugger, I obtain the error message

'' No ST-Link found with the expected serial number. check ST-Link selecting options or connect only one ST-Link ''.

The ST-LINK/V2 status led is RED (communication between the PC and ST-LINK/V2 is established.

To perform this trial, I have:

1) removed the two CN8 jumpers of B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery kit (to switch to the external programmer/debugger)

2) connected the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery kit with the PC by an USB cable through CN7 (only for power supply)

3) connected the ST-LINK/V2 with the PC by an USB cable

4) connected JTAG/SWD connector (20 pin) of the ST-LINK/V2 to SWD connector (6 pin) CN12 of the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery kit as in the following:

B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery kit (CN12) SWD connector (20 pin) of ST-LINK/V2

Pin no. Pin name Pin no. Pin name

1 VDD_TARGET 1 MCU_VDD

2 SWCLK 9 SWCLK

3 GND 10 GND

4 SWDIO 7 SWDIO

5 NRST 15 NRST

Please suggest the corrective action required

Thanks

Nisha Loudwal

1 REPLY 1

The CN12 header on the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 is for *exporting* the SWD connection, NOT importing it from elsewhere.

You'd want to connect the external SWDIO/SWCLK to the TARGET SIDE of the CN8 jumpers.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..