cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the on-board ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer be used for programming the MCU of our custom PCB?

dipen.shah
Associate

Namaste ST Community and ST Support Executive,

We are using the B-L475E-IOT01A development board for our product's proof of concept development.

I understand that, this board has an on-board ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer with USB re-enumeration capability: mass storage, Virtual COM port and debug port.

My questions:

1) I would like to know if we can use this already available on-board ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer and, interface it with our custom PCB designed around ST32L475VG MCU to debug and program the MCU?

2) If yes, some insights on the pin connections for programming and debugging would be appreciated.

3) If no, please share details of the recommended programmer/ debugger and, the web links to buy the same.

Thanks | Regards,

Dipen

7 REPLIES 7
Piranha
Chief II
  1. Why don't you read the manual?
  2. RTFM!
  3. Did Google banned you?
oeliks
Senior

Yes it can. You have to remove jumpers from stlink - target mcu on disco board. Youse header swd provided by disco board. GND SWDIO CLK (RESET​).

Maybe first look at the board before writing?

dbgarasiya
Senior II

yes ofcourse availabel , you have to read documents before startin coding

There is a header, but you might want to consider a stand-alone pod

The ST-LINK/V2 or V3 pods, or lower cost clones may well be better suited. Especially if the custom board has an appropriate/standard header.

If you can't connect successfully there may be other issues in the design.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dipen.shah
Associate

Thank you @Piranha​ , @oeliks​ , @dbgarasiya​ and @Community member​ for your inputs.

I can't escape the fact that I will have to go through the detailed documentation. No short cuts attempted here. However, the purpose of inquiring with the ST community was to get an understanding if any community member has tried this approach.

Thanks | Regards,

Dipen

Piranha
Chief II

Now you are lying. Your main questions were:

> My questions:

> 1) I would like to know if we can use...

> 2) If yes, some insights on the pin connections...

This is written in user manual and also:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Nucleo+ST-LINK+connect&iie=1