cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display a number received from I2C sensor to LCD using DISCOF746G or DISCOF769i GUI? Has anyone has a TouchGFX project with I2C sensor value displaying on the GUI?

KMunj
Associate II

I have a board with HDC1080 Temp/Humidity sensor which has I2C. Following is the Digi-Key part number for 1286-1153-ND. I have this board working with both the Discovery cards. I can display temperature and humidity on the Tera-Term using serial port of Discovery Boards.

Thanks

Kiran

4 REPLIES 4
HP
Senior III

you will have to forward the sensor reading to the TouchGFX model, which in turn can send it through the presenter to the view.

if you use RTOS you can set up a queue for this, sending the values between the tasks.

Have a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=majcfxr3u2E

KMunj
Associate II
Hi HP,
Thank you very much for the link.
I watched the video few times and did exactly same. I can build and download the code. But my current value always remains 10 (default value). It never gets incremented.
Is there a project file available for this video? If yes, please send me a link to it.
Does model.hpp needs to be modified? There is no reference to model.hpp file in the video.
Also the video is not clear on how task “secondTask�? is created. He references to an earlier video and add to the already existed task.
Could you please send me a link to that video also?
Thank you very much.
Regards,
Kiran
KMunj
Associate II
Hi HP,
Please ignore my last email.
I found the earlier video which explains how to create 2nd Task.
I did those changes to my project and now my current value does changes.
I think I am set for the time being. Next I will integrate my I2C sensors and see if I can display the sensor values.
You have been great help. I have been struggling months to get so far.
Thank you very much again.
Regards,
Kiran

Hi @KMunj​ ,

Have you interfaced i2c sensor and got values on display?