cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How viable is production with G4 today?

Antypas.Peter
Senior

I have designed and produced circuits with the F4 and L4, using plain Eclipse for development and SEGGER J-Link for both development and the ICP fixtures at the line.

I have not been successful at getting J-Link Commander to play well with a G431 over SWD (separate issue, to be taken with SEGGER). I cannot get any of the command line utilities I'm using today (st-flash, openocd) to recognize the G4 either, probably because it's too new.

Is there *any* viable path here? Anybody developing and planning for G4 based production right now? What tools are you using? What is your SMT line going to use for programming?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

As far as openocd is concerned, the remedy is rather simple: The G4 has a flash controller quite similar to the L4. So essentially, adding the new device ids to the flash driver and to some helper scripts is sufficient: http://openocd.zylin.com/#/c/4807/

You may still encounter some minor problems, in particular for devices with trimmed flash, but these doesn't seem to be available anyway.