cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2MDL soft reset causes crash.

ABuja.1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm working with the LIS2MDL and have come across a weird issue I'm trying to resolve. My problem is that when I try to reset the chip it seems to go into a bad state. I can read and write to the same register (CFG_REG_A) just fine, but when I set the soft reset bit, I no longer get a response from the chip.

Another odd thing is that when I read the CFG_REG_A register I'm reading a value of 10010011 instead of the default 00000011 even though the first thing I'm doing is reading that register.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on here?

Edit: Now that I've tried the same thing today, I'm not getting any response at all on MISO. I've tried with two separate chips, and getting the same results. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks,

Adam

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ABuja.1​ , did you solved the issue, at last? When you enable the SOFT_RST, do you also enable the REBOOT bit of the CFG_REG_A (60h)? You should also wait about 10ms to be sure the reset has properly taken place. And, about this issue (I'm not getting any response at all on MISO), do you get 00h or FFh values? Regards