cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to flash new firmware. Nucleo F722ZE on MacOS

SPitk.1882
Associate II

I've been working on a project for a while (I2S based). I seem to have done something to confuse the IDE. Now when I try and debug, it says it's connected, but the Nucleo F722ZE is still running the previous firmware. The debug does not step into the first line of the code, as usual, and instead shows the call stack below.

STM32_WM8731_Test.elf [cores: 0]

Thread #1 [main] 1 [core: 0] (Running)

I'm now unable to update the firmware on the board. I've tried reinstalling the IDE but I have the same issue.

7 REPLIES 7
oeliks
Senior

Using cubemx? Check the debug option in cubemx -> swd. Then regenerate project. And in IDE chceck flash under reset.​

SPitk.1882
Associate II

Thanks very much for your response! I am using STM32CubeIDE (1.0.2). I'm struggling to find the options you suggest. I've looked in the 'Project Manager' of CUBEMX (by loading the .ioc), but I can't find SWD mentioned anywhere. Also, I can't see where to look for 'flash' in the IDE. I've looked in all the tabs under 'Project->Properties. If you could give me some more pointers on where to look, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again!

oeliks
Senior

Im not in home, but tomorow will give screenshot. Maybe it will help.

I had the same problem, but different mcu.

Ok, thanks very much! If I create a new project, I can flash that. So I can work around the issue. But it would be great to know how to fix it in the broken project.

oeliks
Senior

0690X00000BuyaAQAR.png

SPitk.1882
Associate II

0690X00000BvSU7QAN.pngThanks for doing that! As far as I can tell I have this setup correctly, and it appears to match one of my working projects. The config in the .ioc looks the same as yours, but my 'Create, manage, and run configurations' looks a bit different, screenshot attached

oeliks
Senior

Look in global settings. When you clikc run-debug as-stm32​ ... in run- schould be "configure" or "debug configure".

Cubeide at top of window.​