cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile error "make: *** No rule to make target 'RCS/../', needed by '../'. Stop."

paul0208
Associate III

Hi,

I generated the code from CubeMX 5.3 for STM32F401.

But, following error are listed

C:\Users\SS\AppData\Local\Temp\ccxlOu12.s:295: Error: selected processor does not support `dsb 0xF' in Thumb mode

Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/subdir.mk:60: recipe for target 'Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f4xx_hal_cortex.o' failed

C:\Users\SS\AppData\Local\Temp\ccxlOu12.s:306: Error: selected processor does not support `isb 0xF' in Thumb mode

C:\Users\SS\AppData\Local\Temp\ccxlOu12.s:350: Error: selected processor does not support `dsb 0xF' in Thumb mode

C:\Users\SS\AppData\Local\Temp\ccxlOu12.s:371: Error: selected processor does not support `dsb 0xF' in Thumb mode

C:\Users\SS\AppData\Local\Temp\ccxlOu12.s:492: Error: selected processor does not support `dmb 0xF' in Thumb mode

C:\Users\SS\AppData\Local\Temp\ccxlOu12.s:555: Error: selected processor does not support `dsb 0xF' in Thumb mode

C:\Users\SS\AppData\Local\Temp\ccxlOu12.s:566: Error: selected processor does not support `isb 0xF' in Thumb mode

make: *** [Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f4xx_hal_cortex.o] Error 1

So, I added the "-mcpu=cortex-m4" option and compile again.

But following error is listed end of compile, maybe link time

make: *** No rule to make target 'RCS/../', needed by '../'. Stop.

What is problem?

BR

Paul

9 REPLIES 9
berendi
Principal

What compiler is that?

paul0208
Associate III

my compiler is gcc and option as this:

0690X00000Buu1pQAB.jpg

this option are generated by CubeMX except -mcpu option

paul0208
Associate III

I solved this problem.

I download CubeSTM32_FW from st.com site and cleared this problem.

I did *.ld file with my board spec.

BR

Paul

TTsen.1
Associate II

Hi everyone is it possible to send again in details what exactly have you done because I am facing the same problem. I did all the update but I still have the problem.

I also faced this problem. There are some problems with CubeMX 5.3.0~5.6.0. In my case, when SW4STM32 is selected as Toolchain / IDE in Code Generator, the linker script file (STM32F401RETx_FLASH.ld in F401RE example) will not be generated in the project folder. I have used SW4STM32 for the IDE so far, but I changed my IDE to STM32CubeIDE and solved this problem. STM32CubeIDE is similar to SW4STM32 and easy to use for me.

TTsen.1
Associate II

Haya thanks

MBali
Associate

Has anyone found solution for this issue ? I want to use SW4STM32... Strange is that the same version of the CubeMX on different computer is working fine. Probably it is related with some commands used to create linker file but I don't know details about this.

BR,

Marcin.

solarflarefx
Associate

I am trying to run the sample_azure_iot project and get this same error in stm32cubeide. Any idea what could be wrong? I downloaded the sample directly from: https://github.com/azure-rtos/samples

0693W000004JL4XQAW.png 

Any idea what could be wrong?