cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Algobuilder and Unicleo with a NUCLEO-L476RG and a X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3

doctek
Associate

I'm looking at UM2128 (en.DM00337036.pdf), "Getting started with Unicleo-GUI for motion MEMS and environmental sensor software expansion for STM32Cube", also known as "User Manual". The Revision History shows that it was updated 20-May-2019, so it should comprehend the boards I have: X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 expansion board on a NUCLEO-L476RG. But it seems to be from another planet! The screens for the Unicleo are nothing like those I see.

Then I'm studying UM2220 (en.DM00394369.pdf), "Getting started with MotionFX sensor fusion library in X-CUBE-MEMS1 expansion for STM32Cube"' also known as "User Manual". The Revision History shows that it was updated 18-Feb-2019, and that it supports the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 expansion board. But again, the screen shots and instructions for Unicleo operation have many details that I simply do not see when I open Unicleo.

When I check out the "User Manual" for each sensor used for the fusion algorithm (UM2182, UM2181, UM2225, UM2192), I see the same thing. The example of the use of Unicleo and the screens that should appear are not what I see when I start Unicleo. What gives??

As I think more about what might be going on, I have the feeling that there should be a default application that I can upload to the NUCLEO-L476RG. But I can't find any mention of this in the User Manuals, nor do I know where else this software might be found. The ST Seminar where I got these two boards showed how to use STM32CubeIDE, AlgoBuilder and Unicleo, but focused on generating new applications, not on using a firmware version that might be generic in the way suggested by the illustrations of Unicleo use I have mentioned.

What do I need to do to get Unicleo to display the screens shown in the "User Manuals" and to perform the actions described in them? If I need to load a certain firmware package, where is it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @doctek​ , now that the last UM2128 revision is dated to 29-Oct-2019, are you still facing issues?

Please note that the X-CUBE_MEMS1 function pack contains examples for the NUCLEO-L476RG + the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 in the folder \Projects\STM32L476RG-Nucleo\Examples\IKS01A3.

Regards