cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the STM32F429I-DISC1 Discovery board to prototype with an LCD. Need part number of 48-position ZIF connector on that board so I can connect a different style LCD.

DHauc.1
Associate

I am building an adapter board to go from the 48-position, .7mm pitch ZIF connector on the STM32F429I-DISC1 Discovery Board to a 41-position, .5mm pitch ZIF connector on my LCD. With this adapter board I can quickly prototype using the Discovery board and a different style LCD.

I need the part number and a place to purchase that 48-position ZIF connector. Can someone look up the bill of materials for this board and share that part number?

Thanks,

DLH

2 REPLIES 2

https://www.st.com/resource/en/bill_of_materials/stm32f429i-disco_bom.zip

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DHauc.1
Associate

You would think this is the answer, right? But on the BOM you reference, CN5 (reference designator for the ZIF in question) is referred to as the part number for the 2.4" LCD to which it connects!?!

Really the question is what is the part number for that ZIF connector itself? The BOM says the manufacturer is "xinchuangtianyuan" but Googling this doesn't bring up anything useful (the company doesn't have an English site and it appears to be in the RFID business, not the ZIF connector business).