cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3x NCP5104 and 3x INA240 structure for sensorless three shunt BLDC motor driver, is it true?

HK
Associate II

I try to drive (FOC) BLDC motor with STM32G474RE MCU. I use a custom board. There are three NCP5104 (half bridge driver) and three INA240 (read shunt voltage) in my custom board. In addition, I don't use driver enabling signal for (shutdown pin)NCP5104, NCP5104 always enable. In this structure, the phases are always either in the High position or in the Low position, never idle. You can see that created mcsdk project configuration for my custom board. I try to drive three shunt sensorless BLDC motor. X-CUBE-MCSDK does not support STM32G474RE MCU. So, I am generating code for STM32G474QE with X-CUBE-MCSDK and for stm32g474RE with CubeMX. And then copy generated mcsdk library and source files from stm32g474QE X-CUBE-MCSDK project to stm32g474RE cubemx project. I have a problem. As the motor starts to turn, it starts stalling as if 1 phase has not been plugged. 3x NCP5104 and 3x INA240 structure for sensorless three shunt BLDC motor driver, is it true?

1 REPLY 1
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards