cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C bootloader on STM32G03x problem

MMisa
Associate III

I have problem with bootloader on STM32G031. I am using pins PB6 and PB7 according to manual (AN2606), but no response at address 0x51 (I hope Slave 7-bit address: 0b1010001x means 0x51).

I am getting into bootloader by rebooting and remapping SYSCFG_MEMRM to 0x1 in early state. After that I am able to use serial bootloader on pins PA9,PA10 (USART1), but not I2C.

In my user application I2C slave mode is working properly on pins PB6, PB7.

In final application I will have only I2C connection from master system and I will need to reprogramm slave firmware. I was expecting I will use system bootloader.

Is anybody using I2C bootloader on STM32G03x succesfully?

Please give me any advice, how to debug this problem and/or what else I can try.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MMisa
Associate III

It seems that is wrong i2c address in the manual - it should be not 0x51, but 0x56. Now I can succesfully detect CPU with the stm32flash software. Unfortunatelly it seems that block erase is not working with the stm32flash tool. I didn't try mass erase and flashing yet (I have calibration values stored in the flash, so I am waiting to new boards for further tests).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MMisa
Associate III

It seems that is wrong i2c address in the manual - it should be not 0x51, but 0x56. Now I can succesfully detect CPU with the stm32flash software. Unfortunatelly it seems that block erase is not working with the stm32flash tool. I didn't try mass erase and flashing yet (I have calibration values stored in the flash, so I am waiting to new boards for further tests).