cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a STM32MP157A-DK1 in 85 d°C, makes it crash.

MKarl.1
Associate

I'm testing a stm32mp157a-dk1 in 85 °C for a project.

The setup is basic, power from usb and network over ethernet to a control computer outside the chamber. I ssh in to the board to check that its alive and put some load on the cpu.

Even without load. the board seems to crash, I lose the SSH connection and a led blinking blue goes dark, LD 7/8 I think.

The STM32MP157-A should be rated for those conditions right ? could it be some peripheral chip on the board that causes the crash?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Ozone
Lead

As it is usual and common for evaluation boards and especially the Discovery boards, they state no explicit temperature range.

Such boards are meant for office evaluations and prototyping.

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello, I agree that DK2 is not guaranteed/designed to work at such temperatures. Nevertheless, it would be nice if you can capture console output (on UART over STLINK VCP) to see if there is some log messages related to over temperature detection or misbehavior.

There is junction over temperature protection in STPMIC1 (in HW) as well in STM32MP15x (using SW).

Please note that crash is likely to occur from DDR3L which is not guarantee to work above 85C of Tcase.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MKarl.1
Associate

Thanks for the fast answers. I'll capture some console output if I run the DK in the test chamber again (the real PCBs are coming any day so it might be those running in the test chamber next) and post it here so that others can see whats going on if they have similar questions.