cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRTIM availabilityin STM32G4

Vladislav Yurov
Associate III

Hello all, regarding Application note AN4539 all MCU's of STM32G4 shall support HRTIM peripheral, reference manual also describe HRTIM functionalities for all STM32G4, but on some pages and datasheet it is no information about HRTIM support.

Which information is correct then?

P.S. For example STM32G473RC shall support HRTIM, but it is not mentioned in datasheet

0690X00000BuetvQAB.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Yes indeed, AN4539 needs to be fixed as HRTIM is available only on STM32G4x4 (for STM32G4). I reported this internally.

And we have it also on STM32F334 @Andrea Canepa​  and STM32H7.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andrea Canepa
Senior

If you go to this web page, at the bottom you will find a table that summarizes the main differences between the various devices of the STM32G4 series:

0690X00000BueyWQAR.png

From it you will see that all devices that end with "G4x4 *" have the HRTIM.

Therefore if I download the data sheet of STM32G474RE (for example) on the 1st page HRTIM will also be listed among the various timers available.

The "G4x3*" series does not have the HRTIM, So the STM32G473RC you highlighted doesn't have HRTIM.

Best regards

Andrea

Vladislav Yurov
Associate III

So probably document AN4539 should be fixed...

Yes, it's definitely a mistake. Also because it doesn't seem to me that the STM32F3 has the HRTIM (as instead appears in that table).

Regards

Andrea

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Yes indeed, AN4539 needs to be fixed as HRTIM is available only on STM32G4x4 (for STM32G4). I reported this internally.

And we have it also on STM32F334 @Andrea Canepa​  and STM32H7.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Updated revision of the AN4539 is available on the web (since January).