cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to downgrade level 2 read out protection in stm32f7 board?

R.
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I was trying to protect my code by read out protection. But before uploading program, mistaken changed the read out protection to level 2 using of stm32 utility software. Now, I don't able to connect my board to st-link.

After search for this issue, i find that it is irreversible process means i can't program again.

Anyone has any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Level 2 is indeed irreversible, and debug access is disabled. Hence,your board is now for the bin ...

Never, ever set the readout protection while developing. That's the very last step of pre-production test.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ozone
Lead

Not sure about the F7 and it's specific RDP levels. Some MCUs "allow" for an unrecoverable protection, check the datasheet/reference manuals.

So yes, you might have bricked your board.

The usual way is to boot into system mode (BOOT0/BOOT1 pins), and do a Flash mass erase.

The current tool of choice for the mass erase is AFAIK the CubeProgrammer, albeit I never used it personally.

Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Level 2 is indeed irreversible, and debug access is disabled. Hence,your board is now for the bin ...

Never, ever set the readout protection while developing. That's the very last step of pre-production test.

R.
Associate II

Thanks for the confirmation.

I broke my board😁 .