cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I replace STM32f746zgt6 with any other STM32f746 series MCU?

MParm
Associate II

Hello Community,

I have developed an firmware on STM32f746zgt6 MCU. Currently , I'm unable to buy STM32f746zgt6 Online.

So, can I use another STM32f746 series MCU instead?

If, yes can you please suggest me one.

I couldn't make any changes to my firmware as well. so the MCU supposed to work on same firmware.

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards,

Mitul Parmar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All STM32F746 are the same chip inside. See datasheet, Part numbering chapter - the letters and numbers in the suffix determine package, FLASH size (the chips have the same FLASH physically but in the "smaller" options the extra portion of FLASH is untested and maybe also blocked at manufacturing) and temperature range.

So the least painful is to use STM32F746ZGT7 which is just an extended temperature range (probably will cost somewhat more). If the application can work with 512kB FLASH instead of 1MB, then STM32F746ZETx. Otherwise you have to redesign the board for a different package.

JW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

All STM32F746 are the same chip inside. See datasheet, Part numbering chapter - the letters and numbers in the suffix determine package, FLASH size (the chips have the same FLASH physically but in the "smaller" options the extra portion of FLASH is untested and maybe also blocked at manufacturing) and temperature range.

So the least painful is to use STM32F746ZGT7 which is just an extended temperature range (probably will cost somewhat more). If the application can work with 512kB FLASH instead of 1MB, then STM32F746ZETx. Otherwise you have to redesign the board for a different package.

JW

berendi
Principal

Try at mouser.com, they are expecting a delivery by the end of the year.

MParm
Associate II

Thanks Jan,

I will go with STM32F746ZGT7 🙂

Regards,

Mitul Parmar