cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install STSW-ST25PC001 correctly?

Pfink
Associate II

Hi,

I'm trying to run : STSW-ST25PC001(https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-st25pc001.html) with STM M24LR-DISCOVERY Kit.

The software crashes as well on windows 7 as on windows 10. I even tried fresh installs of both windowses.

The application window is visible for a split second, but then it seems to crash or to shut down immediately.

The hardware is fine, as I tested it with the available linux software.

Is this a known problem?

Are there any further requirements for this software not mentioned in the user manual (UM2444)? Any libraries, java or other SDKs?

Thanks,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

​Thanks for the extra info Peter.

Your reader version is obsolete (board not supported by the new software, some features will not function). However, to be sure that the problem comes from the board, try starting the ST25PC-NFC software without any reader connected on the USB port. If there is still a crash, then the problem is elsewhere.

If it works, then you will need to get a new (recent) CR95HF reader board, or a ST25R3911B-Discovery board.

If the software still doesn't start, try to run it in Administrator mode. This shouldn't be needed but I am running out of ideas.

The installer embeds a Java Runtime Environment (v1.8) so there is no dependency on Java in user machines.

For your information, we are planning to release a new version of the ST25PC-NFC software in the coming weeks.

Regards,

Damien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello,

If you haven't rebooted your machine after the software install yet, you may want to try that first.

We've seen this behavior before that gets resolved after a reboot.

The software works without extra drivers and the M24LR-Disco kit is definitely supported.

Regards,

Damien

Pfink
Associate II

Hello Damien,

thanks for your reply.

I'm fairly sure that I already tried that, but will try again later this afternoon.

Best regards,

Peter

Pfink
Associate II

Hello Damien,

a reboot didn't help to solve my problem on windows 7.

Do you have any further ideas what I can check?

Best regards,

Peter

​Hello Peter,

with the limited info, it is hard to say what is going wrong :(

It could be that your CR95HF reader board has an old firmware version that is not compatible with the PC software.

See if you can get the reader's firmware version from the CR95HF software.

Hello Damien,

here is all information available trough the toolbox option.

Is there a firmware update available?

Could not find anything in the download section.

0690X00000DBlX1QAL.png

Best regards,

Peter

​Thanks for the extra info Peter.

Your reader version is obsolete (board not supported by the new software, some features will not function). However, to be sure that the problem comes from the board, try starting the ST25PC-NFC software without any reader connected on the USB port. If there is still a crash, then the problem is elsewhere.

If it works, then you will need to get a new (recent) CR95HF reader board, or a ST25R3911B-Discovery board.

If the software still doesn't start, try to run it in Administrator mode. This shouldn't be needed but I am running out of ideas.

The installer embeds a Java Runtime Environment (v1.8) so there is no dependency on Java in user machines.

For your information, we are planning to release a new version of the ST25PC-NFC software in the coming weeks.

Regards,

Damien