cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can do create another cpp file like screenview?

Yunus ARI
Senior

​hi everyone.

I have a screen what has a many elements inside. Therfore, screen has very long kode that difficult to control. I want to group some of this code in another cpp files. This new cpp file should be like original screenView.cpp. I want to write code in this file for configurate widgets that in the screenbase. I should be access everything inside screenbase.hpp. Especially, I want to override action functions in screenbase.hpp with this file.

I create a new class that based on screenview class. I thought it would work but it didn't.

I'm pretty new at c++. Maybe this is too easy or impossible. I don't know. Forgive if i'm wrong. Thank you for answer already. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

The way screens are structured in C++ code in TouchGFX is that you have your Base class generated by the designer, and then a class in the gui/ folder that inherits from this generated class. This allows you to use the designer to generate _some_ code and let's you do the test.

Does that answer your question?

/Martin

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I couldn't explain myself well. I already using actual class under gui/ folder. I want a new cpp file under gui folder for use like view.cpp. I will try to explain myself with code.

I create a screen named screen. This screen has a button with action and a text.

Here is base file under generated/ for this screen;

/*********** Base.hpp file ***********/

class screenViewBase : public touchgfx::View<screenPresenter>
{
public:
    screenViewBase();
    virtual ~screenViewBase() {}
    virtual void setupScreen();

/*
     * Virtual Action Handlers
     */
    virtual void buttonPres()
    {
        // Override and implement this function in screen
    }

protected:

touchgfx::ButtonWithLabel Button;
    touchgfx::TextArea textArea;
}

Here is view file under gui/ for this screen;

/*********** view.hpp file ***********/

class screenView : public screenViewBase 
{
public:
    screenView();
    virtual ~screenView() {}
    virtual void setupScreen();

/*
     */
    virtual void buttonPres()
    {

}

protected:

}

Here is a file what I want to create under gui/ for this screen;

/*********** new.hpp file ***********/

class testNew: public screenView
{
public:
    testNew();
    virtual ~testNew() {}

/*
     */
    void buttonPres()
    {
             textArea.setVisible(true);
             textArea.invalidate();
    }

protected:

}

This is what I want to do. I hope this explains well the situation.

hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Is there any clue you can give about that? I am trying several things but there is any solution yet.

scottSD
Senior III

I may not be understanding you correctly, but I have added files in the screen1_screen folder (or whatever you name your screen in the designer) and it compiled.

I have also added files in the gui/common folder and it has compiled and worked well.

Are you placing the hpp files in the "include" section and the cpp files in the src section?

It's not what I want to do. I want to split view file for improve code readability.