cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hai I am Using STM32 F401RE and I have to communicate with thermal sensor(32x32) . I have to get 2048 bit from the thermal sensor through I2C communication How can I get that data?

ABala.6.19
Associate II

12 REPLIES 12

Review the sensor's data sheet​.

Review some I2C examples for the platform ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ABala.6.19
Associate II

Data sheet I cross checked but I want to know how to receive 2048 bytes how that can acheive

What does data sheet say, are we supposed to guess what sensor chip is?

Likely says data at specific internal address, read as a FIFO, repeated read of a block at a suggested size.

Sorry not psychic.​

Sometimes, sensor manufacturers even provide generic example code, on how to access them.

Or search for example code related to the sensor.

ABala.6.19
Associate II

The only provided sample code for 4x4 sensor in that field we have to only measure 36 filed .But in 32x32 we have to read 2048 field . In sample code they mention for 32 x32 insted of rxbuf[36] change rxbuf[2048] but when i do that code is hanged.

One could presumably use a logic analyzer to review what's happening on the bus. Review in context of the datasheet.

Emulate the I2C with GPIO/bit-bang mode to prove the device responds as expected, and generates NACK when it should.

See to get a local mentor that can help you with your problems on site.

Forum answers might take long and be of doubtful accuracy.

Nobody here has access to your hardware, and you did not name the exact sensor type yet.

I am using d6t-32l-01a sensor to get temperature values can you help me now ?d6t-32l-01a

I don't see the big problem here.

The I2C interface is described in detail in the user manual page 6 to 13, and numerous code examples for specific sensor functions are provided.

You will need a logic analyzer or (better) a scope to check the I2C traffic, I can't borrow you mine.

Look up the I2C specification, if required.

Like many others here, I have a dayjob myself, and can't guide you through your task all day long.