cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a newer version STM32CubeIDE for Mac OS?

DBURG.2449
Associate II

When I try to install STM32CubeIDE on my MacBook Pro, I get a message following verification that the application is damaged.

I have re-downloaded several times with same result.

8 REPLIES 8
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Exactly which error are we talking about here and when do you get it? Could you post a screenshot?

DBURG.2449
Associate II

The installation appears successful. Then, when I right click on the application, the system verifies the file instead of giving me the option to open the file as shown in the attached image. Then, the system reports that the file is damaged in should be trashed as shown in the second screen shot. Finally, I attach a screenshot showing the version of my operating system.

DBURG.2449
Associate II

first image showing verification:

DBURG.2449
Associate II

second image showing error message

Try the following command in the Terminal.app, you might have to prefix it with sudo:

$ xattr -cr /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app

OK, the IDE now starts, but when I try to start a new stm32 project, the stm32 target selector fails to download files and initialize. Refer to attached screen shot.

OK on a second try. The target selector initialized. The IDE seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Yes STM32CubeIDE 1.2.0 has been released some days ago. According release notes MacOS issues should be solved !