cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct way to set up Thread in CubeMX?

NGama
Associate III

I have been trying to set up the initial code from cubeMX for my Thread Project.

The Steps that i have taken are as follow:

1) Set up RCC

2) Set up HSEM

3) Turn on RTC

4) Activate RF

Here are where the problems start, since i could compile until here

5) Select Thread from WPAN

Also from utilities Sequencer and TinyLPM have been checked.

When I compile I get this:

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../Core/Src/app_entry.c:185: undefined reference to `UTIL_LPM_Init'

Core/Src/app_entry.o: In function `appe_Tl_Init':

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../Core/Src/app_entry.c:205: undefined reference to `UTIL_SEQ_RegTask'

Core/Src/app_entry.o: In function `APPE_SysEvtReadyProcessing':

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../Core/Src/app_entry.c:283: undefined reference to `UTIL_LPM_SetOffMode'

Core/Src/app_entry.o: In function `shci_notify_asynch_evt':

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../Core/Src/app_entry.c:335: undefined reference to `UTIL_SEQ_SetTask'

Core/Src/app_entry.o: In function `shci_cmd_resp_release':

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../Core/Src/app_entry.c:342: undefined reference to `UTIL_SEQ_SetEvt'

Core/Src/app_entry.o: In function `shci_cmd_resp_wait':

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../Core/Src/app_entry.c:349: undefined reference to `UTIL_SEQ_WaitEvt'

STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.o: In function `APP_THREAD_Init':

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.c:144: undefined reference to `UTIL_LPM_SetOffMode'

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.c:160: undefined reference to `UTIL_SEQ_RegTask'

STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.o: In function `Pre_OtCmdProcessing':

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.c:432: undefined reference to `UTIL_SEQ_WaitEvt'

STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.o: In function `Wait_Getting_Ack_From_M0':

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.c:443: undefined reference to `UTIL_SEQ_WaitEvt'

STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.o: In function `RxCpltCallback':

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.c:484: undefined reference to `UTIL_SEQ_SetTask'

STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.o: In function `APP_THREAD_Init_UART_CLI':

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.c:576: undefined reference to `UTIL_SEQ_RegTask'

STM32CubeIDE/workspace_/wpan/Debug/../STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.c:582: undefined reference to `MX_USART1_UART_Init'

Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XavierV.
Associate

I had the same issue. To resolve it, I have added "Utilities" path in C/C++ General->Path and Symbols->Source Location. Because if you read the complete log, you can see compiler never reads this folder.

This issue exists if you use the standalone CubeMX or the integrated CubeMX wizard in CubeIDE.

0690X00000AtVmVQAV.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​I think there is a few paths missing in your compiler settings to point on STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.3.0\Utilities\sequencer and lpm.

see attached picture.

These include paths are not automatically inserted when the project is generate from CubeMX.

NGama
Associate III

I thought this was the problem as well, but I had checked the include and all of them were there, I have added a screenshot below. Do you think there might be some problem with my configuration?0690X00000AtT6hQAF.png I have added a mx report as well

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Strange to see ../tiny_lpm here as it is not the right path. The correct path is the one just below it. This may create a conflict.

XavierV.
Associate

I had the same issue. To resolve it, I have added "Utilities" path in C/C++ General->Path and Symbols->Source Location. Because if you read the complete log, you can see compiler never reads this folder.

This issue exists if you use the standalone CubeMX or the integrated CubeMX wizard in CubeIDE.

0690X00000AtVmVQAV.png

NGama
Associate III

Thank you so much, this fixed the problem! I have been trying to solve this for a while now.