cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atollic/CubeIDE Automatically start SWO trace - still not done?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

"Is it possible to automatically record SWV output in the SWV Console window so i do not have to push the red button manually on every launch?"

This was asked back in 2018 and still annoyes users...

https://blog.atollic.com/learn-serial-wire-viewer-debugging-on-cortex-m

Any chance it will be done?

Thanks,

Pavel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LaurentL
ST Employee

Hello,

This feature is supported since STM32CubeIde 1.8.0 version.

You have to start it once (with the red button) and it will be automatically started on the next debug sessions.

Rgds,

Laurent

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

I've tried to raise this issue as well. Apparently it's more complicated than at least I would have guessed. There's more to that little red button than meets the eye. But I'll keep on fighting to make it no longer necessary to activate it every launch! 😊

Thank you for your efforts, Markus.

If this can be done via some monitor command in the debug start script, would be OK for me.

-- pa

I agree, this one is really annoying...

R.

Can I add my voice to this also? I've only started using STM32Cube today and it is already very annoying to have to take such a redundant step simply to see my own trace output.

Schmid.M.
Senior

still annoying!

Rob Meades
Associate III

...and it can't be that complicated to do 'cos I can make it happen from the command-line using the OpenOCD and configuration files that are provided inside the STM32Cube directory with:

openocd –f stlink.cfg –f stm32f4.cfg -c init -c "itm port 0 on" -c "tpiu config internal temp.dat uart off 168000000 2000000" -c "reset init" -c resume

Surely it can't be easier to do from the command line than from inside what I assume is an Eclipse plug-in!?

RRodr.2
Associate

waiting for some progress...

paul19
Associate III

Also looking forward to this.

NZahr.1
Associate

Any update for this feature?