cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STM32H743ZIT6 multicore or not

LMI2
Lead

When I read the datasheet, the introduction doesn't mention the number number of cores. Digikey says this is a multicore chip. Mouser doesn't either talk about multicore.

Several pages down (14) on the datasheet I can read that this is indeed a multicore chip. I could say something more but lets say only that ST should fix the datasheet.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi. STM32H743ZIT6  is single core M7.

For dualcore check STM32H7x7 or STM32H7x5 product lines.

0690X00000AtOmOQAV.jpg

Gpeti
Senior II

I never had the feeling that the H743 was multicore. For example in the reference manual, the Figure 1 doesn't show another core than the Coretx M7.

However what may be confusing is that the H745/55/47/57 are indeed multicore. The naming of these products could have been smarter to distinguish single and multicores.

Piranha
Chief II

I don't see neither Digi-Key, nor ST datasheet mentioning this chip being multicore. Also on a page 14 in datasheet is a list of figures...

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

H743V and H745 are born as the same chip, as they both have the same CPUID. So the silicon for the other core is there. But the second core is disable later for the H743V.

>>I never had the feeling that the H743 was multicore. 

It has an unnecessarily complex busing arrangement, unlike the cleaner F7 design.

The H7 was always supposed to be multi-core, the've been fighting with the design for 3 years to get it to work relatively flawlessly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..