cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile.box does not work sometimes

SKurz.2070
Associate II

Hello, I'm trying to measure a few things unsing the SensorTile.box. Sometimes everything works fine but then the SensorTile.box seems to be dead all of a sudden. When I then try to connect it to my Windows pc, the pc won't recognise it and my phone can't find it via bluetooth either. If I then disconnect the battery for a few seconds, reconnect it again and connect the SensorTile.box to the pc it starts charching and everthing works properly till it crashes again.

I don't think that this is a battery problem because when it's working it shows more than 3.3 V via bluetooth and I'm charging it whenever I'm not measuring. I haven't updated the firmware and just used the app to start and stop data logging. Then I transferred the measurement data to my pc with the USB-cable.

10 REPLIES 10
BAlla.1
Associate

I have the same problems. Mostly my Smartphone (SAMSUNG A5 2017) can not connect with the SENSORtile module even if the module is flashing the blue LED ? I am searching for hours and cannot find the reason. Sometimes if I re-install the software SOMETIMES (mostly NOT) it is working . Very frustrating!!!. It must have something to do with the STM module or the software. If I search for another Blue tooth element ( audio speaker for example ) my smart phone recognizes it immediately .

How can I solve this problem?

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SKurz.2070​ ,@BAlla.1​ , upgrade v.4.6.2 is now available on app store, you can check if the communication issues have been solved for your specific platforms. What I can say you specifically on the Bluetooth communication, is that by now some issues are there for Huawei phones, while the best performances are with iOS phones... We are collecting this kind of reports to improve the tool. Regards

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

in addition, please always assure the internet connection is enabled on your devices. Regards

SKurz.2070
Associate II

I've updated the firmware and the app. Now the problem seems to be gone.

KScho.1
Associate

Where do I find the firmware for update. Do I need the ST-Link for doing the update?

Hi, you can update the firmware using the ST BLE App on a device with internet connection. When you connect to the SensorTile.box using the app, a pop-up should appear if a new update is available.

The only way I found in ST BLE App is the menu entry 'Firmware upgrade' from the ... menu. But there I am invited to select a file on my smartphone. Obviously it has to be a binary image of the firmware, but I don't know where i can find that file for download.

Hi, I also found the entry 'Firmware Upgrade' but I didn't use it to update the firmware of my SensorTile.box. As I said before, I always got a pop-up window when a new update was available. Currently I have installed Version 3.3.0. As far as I know this is the latest firmware. Probably you've already installed it. Otherwise I can't help you.

Hi @KScho.1​ , @SKurz.2070​ , you are right, the pop-up automatically appears once a firmware upgrade is needed (e.g. a new fw is available on the app store or ). The FOTA upgrade procedure via BLE is however quite long (at least 10 min), so if you want to speed up the procedure you can

1. Use the STM32 Programmer to upgrade FW via dfu
  2. Open the ST.box to have the bare pcb
  3. Disconnect the battery and unplug the USB cable if plugged
  4. Press the boot button and plug the USB cable
  5. Follow the below video procedure

Please note that a new app version (4.6.3) and a new FW (3.3.2) will be available tomorrow.

Eleon