cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use breakpoint in SW4STM32 for debugging STM32H757 CPU2(Cortex-M4) code?

HYeh.2233
Associate II

Hi,

I use STM32H757I-EVAL Evaluation board to start my development. The IDE is SW4STM32. I download STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.5.0 and test the example code GPIO_EXTI. The power is from mains electricity and the USB is for programming and debugging only. I follow the sequence in document UM2525 to set up the evaluation board.0690X00000AtN3cQAF.bmp

Then I use SW4STM32 to download and test the example code. The main questions are :

1. During debugging, the LED3 can't toggle when releasing tamper key. Only LED1 toggle with releasing tamper key.
  2. I set breakpoints in CPU2 code, but those breakpoints are never triggered. For example,0690X00000AtN46QAF.bmp

But when I disconnect USB, turn off power and re-power the evaluation board, LED3 works correctly. It can toggle with tamper key as LED1. This means that the code is downloaded correctly to the evaluation board. How should I do to debug CPU2 code in SW4STM32?

Besides, when turning off the evaluation board, should I disconnect USB first or disconnect mains electricity first?

Thanks for your help.

0 REPLIES 0