cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Bluetooth 5.0 supported by STM32WB series microcontrollers compatible with Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphones?

Ted Jackson
Senior

Hi. Can anyone tell me if wireless STM32WB microcontrollers supporting Bluetooth 5.0 can talk to Android smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S7 series? It looks they may only be compatible S8's and beyond. If not, is there a work-around? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Louis Loving
Senior

Hey Ted,

I am using a Galaxy S7 Edge to communicate with an STM32WB55CG with an nRF Connect App (great application). The only thing that I cannot get working is Data Length Extension but it is working well enough to test things out since my target is not a cellphone.

Ted Jackson
Senior

Hi Louis,

Thanks for responding. Great. I found and downloaded the app from Play Store. I'll try it out as soon as I get up and running with a STM32x.

Ted Jackson
Senior

I'll assume that an STM32x will behave like any other BLE enabled device.

Louis Loving
Senior

Yes, I have my STM32WB55 set up to send notifications when it receives data every 20 ms. Using nRF Connect on my Galaxy S7 Edge, I can turn notifications on and see the data although it is truncated since Data Length Extension is not turned on.

Louis Loving
Senior

Additionally, I do have Data Length Extension turned on and working with other devices, just not my Galaxy 7 Edge.