cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know, if it is possible to debug the STM32MP157C-DK2 without the Serial Port (MPU Serial (/dev/ttyACM0)). I'm using the board in an mobile application and it would be very nice if I could debug the M4 like the A7 (only a GDBserver).

PGeuc.2036
Associate

Using the :STM32MP157C-DK2

STM32CubeIDE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @PGeuc.2036​ 

Yes , you can avoid using UART by using what we call "attach" mode.

This mean you have to manage to load and start the M4 on target by your own. ( copy on target and use remoteproc command line)

Then in CubeIDE you untick "Download" option for your .elf in Debug Configuration / Startup pane / Load Image and Symbols ( double click on elf line to get access to download option in popup)

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @PGeuc.2036​ 

Yes , you can avoid using UART by using what we call "attach" mode.

This mean you have to manage to load and start the M4 on target by your own. ( copy on target and use remoteproc command line)

Then in CubeIDE you untick "Download" option for your .elf in Debug Configuration / Startup pane / Load Image and Symbols ( double click on elf line to get access to download option in popup)

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PGeuc.2036
Associate

Thank you @Community member​