cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile.box USB connection does not work.

Rita Ch.
Associate II

I am trying to work through the labs from the recent ST sensors workshop. The very first step in the Pro-mode lab is to enter the DFU mode and program the SensorTile.box with a precompiled image.

The problem is that when I connect the tile to my computer (MS Surface, Windows 10) through USB nothing happens. There are no new COM ports or USB devices appear in the Device Manager, either in user or DFU mode. The device is working because I can connect to it from my phone and upload and run applications there as usual. I tried to enter DFU mode by either holding the BOOT button on the board while connecting the USB or by entering DFU command on the phone debug console. In both cases ST32CubeProgrammer does not see the device. The battery is disconnected.

The firmware on the device is whatever was downloaded by ST since I never was able to program it. Nucleo board connection works as expected: new USB storage device and a COM port appear when connected.

Any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks,

Rita

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Rita Ch.​ , your procedure seems OK, but please check this topic if it can be of your help. Here the DFU File Manager plus the DfuSe tool are used instead of the ST32CubeProgrammer, they should be compatible but you can anyway try and check if the procedure is correct in every details. Let me know. Regards

Rita Ch.
Associate II

According to the thread you mentioned DfuSe drivers are incompatible with ST32CubeProgrammer. Should I uninstall ST32CubeProgrammer first before installing DfuSe?

Well, thank you, Eleon. I found the problem and it was quite stupid. The USB cable I was using to connect the device was a power only cable. With a proper cable everything works. Sorry for disturbing you and thank you for your time!

Rita

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Don't worry @Rita Ch.​ , the important thing is to have found the bug 🙂 Regards