cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32f746gdiscovery

Vitrix
Associate

Do i need a license to produce the clone of 32f746gdiscovery ?

5 REPLIES 5

Probably, sort of thing you'd discuss with local sales office and ST Legal Dept.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Piranha
Chief II

If you are capable of designing a clone, then you are also capable of designing a more appropriate board for your requirements and therefore make it cheaper.

Vitrix
Associate

Thanks for the advice guys, but I want to get a more objective answer: what price is more realistic for this board to make it more affordable and which modules the comunity consider redundant and they could be removed and what should be added. Is it possible to make a questionnaire for comunity and how to do it?

Piranha
Chief II

To get more objective answers, you need to ask more objective question. What is the purpose and target audience of your intended board? Is it a development board or end user product? If it's a development board, with what will it differ from the many other development boards?

As for ST development boards' a legal status, read it there:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/license_agreement/evaluationproductlicenseagreement.pdf

Ok, but what's driving you desire to clone the board? The price for the F746 and F750 variants is $54-56. Can you beat that with some margin?

My guess is that if you asked a 100 people what they wanted you'd end up with a board those same 100 people wouldn't actually buy.

The F74x/F75x are a relatively lackluster CM7 implementation.

The use of BGA parts complicates the board design and manufacture.

The 16-bit wide SDRAM throws away half the available bandwidth.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..