cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the v1.3 STM32WB package for CubeMX and noticed there is no TSC configuration option listed anymore under System Core Category. Please advise on why that might be.

16 REPLIES 16
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​I did not find any "System Core Category"  directory. Could you extend the full path name?

There is one TSC example  under STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.3.0\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Examples\TSC.

So in v1.1.0 of the STM32Cube WB package, we have the following options (TSC exists in the drop down list):

0690X00000AtN33QAF.png

However, in v1.3.0, the TSC option is gone.

0690X00000AtN38QAF.png

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Did you select the same chip and the same board?

Anyhow I must recognize that the TSC is available on the STM32WB and should be exposed in the list.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​In fact if you selected a STM32WBCGxx device, this 48-pin package version (the one populated on the dongle) does not offer the TSC option.

If you select the STM32WBRGxx device which is the 68-pin package version of the STM32WB family (the one on the Nucleo board) , then the TSC option is listed.

Hi Remi, I did select the STM32WBCGxx but PB4-PB7 do have TSC channel 2 associated with them (ref: page 65-66 of https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32wb55cg.html). Furthermore, v1.1.0 of the STM32Cube WB package did have it for me to enable and it seemed it was working just fine when I tested it a few months ago, albeit I was only performing a quick touch and no-touch test.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​It works for me (see attached picture).

It is ok for both WB44RG RC and RE variants.

Right, but the option is missing for STM32WBCGxx projects but it should be there (as it was in version v1.1.0).

0690X00000AtOw9QAF.png

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

What is strange is the fact that WB55CG devices were exposing a TSC peripheral inside CubeMX while none of the 48-pin package variants support this capability.

All in all , It is a mistake in the Cube MX tool for the TSC capabilities of 48-pin packages of the STM32WB.

A few TSC pins (TSC_G2_IOx group) are mentioned in the datasheet for the 48-pin package but it is not enough to offer a real touch sensing functionality.

I will ask for the correction of this erroneous presentation for the next version of the CubeMX tool.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @Patrick Chwalek​ ,

This will be internally checked.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.