cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With STM32H745 I want to share information between the cores. For this I defined a structure in each core and linked to shared SRAM4 region. I can successfully get data with same core write-read and M4write-M7read. But face problem for M7write-M4read.

Ashah.2028
Associate

Always get '0' for M7write-M4read.

6 REPLIES 6

Check MPU and cache/write thru settings, and make sure to flush the write buffers with a fencing instruction. Think _DSB and DFlash Clean.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

I have this working just fine without any DSB instructions, just defining the variable as volatile which forces the compiler to reload it at every access.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Across two cores, with deferred write buffers, pretty sure you're going to need to get more involved than telling the compiler it's volatile...

I’m reporting my experience. Gnu compiler. Im not guessing at the underlying architecture or what theoretically should/could work.

On this chip, does each core have a deferred write buffer?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

They are both independent cores, so definitely more of a situation where things can happen concurrently. Some of the memory is also dual-ported, so perhaps some race hazards to contend with there also.

ST has provided the HSEM to manage inter-core communication/signalling.

In single core multi-threaded the CPU is one unit and provides both a more unified view of memory, and protection against some hazards, along with the sequential granularity stopping some things from "occurring at the same instant" . In multi-core there's a lot more happening, and more balls in the air.

Ashah.2028
Associate

By defining as volatile, I got little success. But got satisfactory result after disable of Icache and dcache in M7 i.e. comment out SCB_EnableICache and SCB_EnableDCache functions in main file. ​

Thank you all.