cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE deletes files. What am I doing wrong?

MWetter
Associate III

I've got an issue with the CubeIDE from STM (Version 1.1.0). I generated a Cube project, worked with it for 2 months, edited it,... no major problems. But suddenly the IDE deletes files like my main.cpp,.. I just did some adjustments, like adding another AD-Channel and generated the .ioc file with the MX-Editor in the CubeIDE.

Luckly I've got a backup on Bitbucket but I cannot work on ths project because I really need the adjustments I've done.

Is this a bug or am I too stupid to do some adjustments without deleting needed files?

Has anybody this problem too? Or a solution? I would be really thankful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

According my experience solved since release 1.1.0.

Yesterday 1.3.0 has been released.​

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Are you able to reproduce this on another project?

If not, is it possible to share that project?

MWetter
Associate III

I had this problem in one or two other projects too.

If you had the problem in a version prior to 1.1.0 then it's a known issue. That version of CubeIDE/Integrated CubeMX could overwrite files when generating code. However, those problems are supposed to be solved in 1.1.0 so if you find a way for me to reproduce in that version then please let me know how!

MWetter
Associate III

My coworker had the same problem (Version 1.1.0) too,... So if you want the source code of the project please let me know.

sandor
Associate II

We have the same issue.

SO far I can reproduce the issue when a project .ioc is open in CubeIDE (not in CubeMX). Modify a setting, like enable UART, ADC... Then click save or press ctrl+s. This will pop up a window: do you want to generate files? Select yes, and see all your work disappear...

I think the save initiates a command that handled wrong and maybe the auto generate function works from memory instead of the file itself.

Not sure if it is fixed on any later versions, but it is present on 1.0.1

Solution: Never save the .ioc file! Once the modifications are done, just click the auto generate icon. It will generate the code and save the file for you.

It is annoying but work without any failure.

This is 100% the same issue we had... Thanks for the solution.

We switched from the CubeIDE to the Segger Embedded Studio & generate the initial project only once with CubeMX.

So this is no longer a problem for us. But it's really annoying. Some people want to develop software with this tool and it deletes files. Not so good...

According my experience solved since release 1.1.0.

Yesterday 1.3.0 has been released.​